Creativity Can for the Classroom FAQs
Top 10 Creativity Can School Pack Questions
1. What is inside the Creativity Can®?
2. The Creativity Cans are different colors on the outside. Are they all the same inside?
Although the outside packaging has different colors, the inside materials are exactly the same.
3. Why would you make them different colors? My students are going to complain they want a different color.
We made the Cans in a color palette designed to be fun and inviting, but also to spark a dialogue. For the curious student to ask, “are the cans different?” or “what do the colors mean?” is the perfect opportunity to illustrate each student has the same starting point or opportunity, but the results can be very different. No two creations are the same and that’s why we need creativity.
Social Emotional Language Connection: while the outside look may be different just like people, on the inside, technically, we are all made up of the same parts. It’s our experiences, how we express ourselves, our imaginations and the management of emotions that makes us all unique.
4. Can’t I do this myself by going to a craft or dollar store and buying all the materials?
5. Why did the company choose these simple craft materials?
The simpler the materials, the more students can keep an open mind. The Creativity Can Experience is often at the beginning of a deeper subject matter in which you want your students to be open-minded and ready to problem-solve, invent or brainstorm.
6. I need to bring creativity into the classroom. And I need low-cost and easy, creative ideas to fit my budget.
7. Is the Creativity Can reusable?
8. Is this a once-and-done activity?
9. What are the recommended ages or grades for the Creativity Can School Pack?
Creativity should be incorporated into every classroom, lesson and grade level. Every child is naturally creative, the struggles is how to keep the creativity going as you get older.
The recommended grade for the Creativity Can Experience is 3rd grade or higher. K-2 can absolutely create, enjoy and play with the Creativity Can, they may need adult assistance in assembling, gluing and cutting.
For grades 3-6, Creativity Can works best when the objective is open-ended with one instruction – “create anything you want.” Creativity Can School Packs promote a safe project environment to teach trial and error, cause and effect, patience and problem-solving.
Creativity for grades 7-12 could be centered around design thinking, a hands-on interpretation of a lesson or a fun reward day.
Creativity Cans have also been used by professionals for an adult ice breaker or team building workshops. Check out The BIG Creativity Can for group team building activities or teacher professional development.
10. How do I place an order, how many school packs do I need and when will my order ship?